The Investors Business Daily just released this piece on what a fraud the taxpayer subsidized Chevy Volt is. Normally I’d just link this and let you go read it, but this is too good to not put the main bullets on here, taken from the National Center for Policy Analysis which put these bullets together from the Investors Business Daily piece.
- The gasoline engine has been found to be more than a range-extender for the battery.
- Volt engineers are now admitting that when the vehicle’s lithium-ion battery pack runs down and at speeds near or above 70 miles per hour (mph), the Volt’s gasoline engine will directly drive the front wheels along with the electric motors.
- That’s not charging the battery — that’s driving the car.
- Popular Mechanics found the Volt to get about 37.5 miles per gallon in city driving.
- Motor Trend reports: “Without any plugging in, (a weeklong trip to Grandma’s house) should return fuel economy in the high 30s to low 40s.”
- Car and Driver reported that “getting on the nearest highway and commuting with the 80 mph flow of traffic — basically the worst-case scenario — yielded 26 miles; a fairly spirited backroad loop netted 31; and a carefully modulated cruise below 60 mph pushed the figure into the upper 30s.”
As much as I hate them pushing bullshit, fraudulent products like this, it’s great being able to throw it back in their face and show how their Liberal Utopian ideas keep failing miserably. Hippies, while I hope all the money that subsidizes all your lies dries up when the next Congress is sworn in, you can keep pitching you ideas and we’ll keep shooting them down with reality and facts. That’s what we Right Brothers live for–exposing liberal lies.